If you have a booking to do Virtual Mocks online at your home, here is info on how to get started.
Students must be logged in to their own account and go to My 11PLUS to do virtual mocks.
|TIME||Set aside 2 hours and 30 minutes for the virtual mock session|
|10 mins||Pre-exam Info and Technology Checks|
|60 mins||Test: 11+ English Comprehension & Verbal Reasoning (VR)|
|10-20 mins||Break and toilet visit before starting the next test|
|45 mins||Test: 11+ Numerical (Maths)|
|15 mins||Test: Non-verbal & Spatial Reasoning (NVR)|
You will need…
- A quiet, undisturbed room for 2 hours and 30 minutes for the virtual mock session
- Tablet / Laptop / Desktop Computer
- Speakers / Headphones to listen to instructions and exam hall ambience (background sounds)
- A few sheets of blank paper, pencils and a good eraser for rough workings
- Username and password to log in to the appropriate Student account
A reminder notice will show in the Student account (in ‘My 11Plus’) a few days before the virtual mock, but the button to start the tests will only become available from the start time on the date of your virtual mock booking.
Get used to My 11Plus in advance
When you book a virtual mock exam, you will create/specify a Student account. That student should go to ‘My 11Plus’ and log in to their account to complete practice questions or tests.
Virtual Mocks will be done in My 11PLUS (our latest online testing system).
We advise doing this days/weeks before the virtual mock so that if you experience any problems, you can contact us for assistance.
- To avoid any possible distractions, your student’s mobile phone should be switched off for the duration of the exam.
- Ensure that 11plus.co.uk is the only website open on the computer for the whole duration of the virtual mock i.e. online dictionaries, calculators, social media or mail websites should NOT be open in other tabs.
- A parent should sit nearby to keep an eye on the student, but once the exam is in progress, nothing will be required from you as all timing and instructions are controlled by 11plus.co.uk.
- If you have not booked, you will first need to make a booking Virtual Mocks.
- You must be logged in to the Student account for which the booking was made.
- Check that you did not possibly add two student accounts and that you are definitely logging in to the correct student. You can do this by looking at your mock bookings in My Mocks to see the student number/name booked to do the virtual mock.
The online testing system might not have fully loaded correctly.
- Do a ‘hard refresh’ (ctrl+F5 on windows OR ⌘ Cmd and ⇧ Shift and R on mac) to force your browser to download the latest version of our online system.
- Try a different internet browser (e.g. Chrome).