Applicable to the mock exams in July/August 2021.
We will be making every effort to provide a safe exam environment for your child, so PLEASE do your part in maintaining a covid-safe environment for all – especially seeing that many households will be attending the event.
As stated by Public Health England, please do NOT bring your child to the test centre if your child, or any member of your house, has exhibited covid-19 symptoms in the last 10 days or your child is required to self-isolate due to being in contact with someone who has tested positive. As soon as you realise your household will need to self-isolate, simply contact us (via our contact form on 11plus.co.uk) to make an alternative arrangement to complete the mock exam.
- high temperature
- new, continuous cough
- loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- headache or general cold-like symptoms (Delta variant can present this way in children)
For most people Covid-19 is a mild illness, but if you or your child develops any of the above symptoms or becomes unwell please contact NHS111 or your GP. For more information about Covid-19 symptoms and management of the virus: www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Social Distancing & Special Hygiene Measures
- An appropriate social distance between families must be maintained while waiting outside the test centre.
- Drop-off and collection will be at the registration desk i.e. parents are not permitted in the exam building.
- Students’ temperatures will be checked at registration.
- Special hygiene measures will be carried out (including hand washing or sanitiser).
- Students will be seated in the exam room such that appropriate social distancing is maintained.
What To Bring
- To speed up the registration process, please have your child’s Chuckra 11Plus student number (emailed 48 hrs prior to the session) available to display on your phone or as a printed copy.
- A few sharp pencils and a good eraser in a clear plastic pencil case/bag or no bag at all.
- A water/drink bottle only i.e. no snacks.
- An item of warm clothing in case the exam room gets cold as it will be well ventilated throughout the session.
- As added protection, we recommend that students (AND parents) wear a suitable face covering/mask (that they are comfortable using) when not seated at their exam desk i.e. moving around the building – during registration, walking to their exam room, going to the toilet etc.; or throughout the session, if they wish.
IMPORTANT: After The Mock Session
Please inform us urgently, if your child, or any member of your house, displays covid-19 symptoms within 4 days after attending a mock exam session.
For More Info About Physical (In-Person) Mocks: Mock Exam FAQ